
Here's my progress on the trail! I'm going to post a new screen shot every Friday, so I can brag on how far I've come :-P.
This has been a lot of fun, and quite eye-opening. I know that I have a sedentary job, and I'm a lot less active than I have been in the past, but wearing a pedometer every day has show me trends I never noticed. My average steps for an average day is around 3500. That's to and from work, up and around, farting around the house cooking dinner and doing house work etc. According to step-metering methods, this very low step count marks me as "not active." On days where I walk 40 minutes on the treadmill, or go to my Pilates class (love it so far) or even go out on my weekly grocery/shopping runs, my step count jumps up into the low 7000's. This is "slightly active."
Ouch.
Tell that to my feet & shins, when they hurt after hauling my ass around. According to the website, my overall average steps are 5600 per day. My goal right now is to raise that average by 2000 steps a day. More updates next Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment