Thanksgiving, we'll be feasting with my Aunt, who is graciously cooking the meal, and didn't mind at all when I called and asked her if she was up to our visiting this year. We'll have plenty to talk about since our jobs are now similar (fund-raising) and she has a lot of stuff planned for us to do during our visit. I love the visiting, but the getting ready is nerve-wracking. I didn't get on the Best Cat Sitter Ever's schedule in time, so the dogs and one cat are going to the vet's kennel. Bill and I have been juggling vet visits, making sure that medicines for our geriatric pets are in order, and arranging care for the one cat who will stay at the house. I'm certain that Allie is going to nip and/or bite a tech at the kennel, and I'm hoping that Loki doesn't bite the tech who tries to give his meds. He bit the cat lady once, and I was mortified. On top of all this, Bill has a gravely ill family member, and I've been prepared to call the whole Thanksgiving visit off at a moment's notice. So yeah, I'm just a little bit overwhelmed.
After Thanksgiving is over, I'm making a point to spend more time with my friends. I want to spend some time just relaxing and hanging out, and I need to get out of my box for a while and go play. It's Fall in Texas, and the air is crisp and it's sunny and pretty. I need to get out on the weekends and get to the dog park, go on a photo safari, and go do something different for a change.
Then, I can take a deep breath and get ready for Christmas. Argh.
(On Edit)
1 comment:
Oh dear - I'm awfully sorry to hear that.
Post a Comment