Monday, December 29, 2008

My 'hood goes for a spin.

Saturday morning, while Sailor and I were in San Antonio, a small tornado came through my neighborhood.

In fine tornado fashion, my house is completely untouched, save that the leaves in my front yard have vanished. (No raking!) I lost a couple of small tree limbs, but nothing that wouldn't normally come down in a hard thunderstorm.

It apparently hit first about a half a block down the street, where it damaged a tree so badly it had to be cut down. The Redneck Neighbors had a layer of shingles ripped off their roof, and the neighbors on the other side of their house had the siding ripped off one end, which exposed the attic. The twister hopped over a few houses, then came back down and demolished several fences and tossed patio furniture around.

I've been looking for any mention of it in the local news, but there is nothing. Neighbor said that Channel 5 came out to our street and did a story, but I still can't find anything on their web site.


(edit) I found it! Link is here to the story

2 comments:

Tara said...

Ummm, wow! Glad you came out unscathed. :)

Sarah said...

Holy crap man. I saw your house at the end there, barely. I'm really glad no damage was done to your place!